Sunday, September 2, 2012

Mountain Bike Rally in Santa Rosa de Calamuchita

In one of my previous posts I wrote about the 6th annual Mountain Bike Rally that will be taking place in our pretty little town. Yesterday I saw photos on the Facebook page of the Tourist Office that a number of cyclists turned up to register for the event.

This morning I made my way down to Playa Santa Rita where the starting line was. I was running a little late and when I saw cyclists heading in that direction, I thought I was too late and missed the start. Luckily I wasn`t and it was also people who were running late like me!

It`s been such a long time since I have seen so many cyclists together. What a sight! The sirens were wailing and before I had time to pick a nice spot, the guys started to cycle past me. I didn`t stay for their return and lingered a little while longer before I headed back home.

Well done to all the cyclists who participated in the event. I hope some people grabbed some nice prices. I believe 35,000 pesos worth of prizes were up for grabs!


More photos can be seen here:
Mountain Bike Rally in Santa Rosa de Calamuchita - 2 Sept 2012.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Grants For Single Moms
UA-11827275-3