Saturday, June 8, 2013

A variety of birds

We always see a lot of different bird species at the Hostel. I must admit that many of the birds I don`t know by name. Over the years I have watched them carefully and many birds come back and make a nest in the same place than the previous year.

This year I have seen new birds that I haven`t seen before. A couple of weeks ago we heard a noise outside and I saw a group of birds in the grass. They were busy with something. I grabbed my camera and tried to sneak up on them.



This was easier said than done because they were very alert and kept on looking. They were definitely busy eating something. I moved closer but two of them flew away.

I fired a couple of shots and eventually they all flew away. We went closer to have a look what they were eating - fruits.



After all of that commotion I still don`t have a name for these birds. If somebody knows, please let me know. I will appreciate it.

We often get visitors at Hostel Tinktinkie that are bird watchers. It is so lovely to be able to live close to nature and to see these beautiful birds. That is where they belong. In the wild and free as a bird.

For more information about special offers please visit our website or our Facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/HostelTinktinkie

Ps. No birds were harmed or injured in the shooting process.


Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Grants For Single Moms
UA-11827275-3